? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I Quit!!

Giving two weeks notice is the standard practice when resigning from a job, but I've always wondered why is it that if I want to leave a job, I have to notify my boss two weeks in advance, but I won't get the same courtesy if he/she finds it necessary to let me go . Let's explore this thought for a moment:

If I want to leave my job, I have to tell my employer two weeks before I decide to leave that I won't be coming back. Why? So he/she can find someone to fill my position, so production/productivity doesn't slow down, causing the company to lose money. But, if we flip the script and my boss wants to fire me, I don't even get a two-minute notice. Which slows down my own personal productivity causing me to lose money.

Where did this topic come from...It started with a conversation I had today with a friend I will call CoolChick. She had recently quit a job and was wondering if it was possible for her to return (in another department, of course). However, she was informed by one of the "higher-ups" that since she didn't give proper notice, better known as two-weeks notice, that the chances of her return were highly unlikely.

The conversation went as follows:

CoolChick: I wanna come back and work with the camp, you know with the kids.
HigherUp: You quit didn't you?
CoolChick: Yea, but I won't be in that department though.
HigherUp: Did you give two weeks notice?
CoolChick: Yea, I told them two weeks before I quit that I was sick of working there.



CoolChick always makes me laugh!!






I wonder: would you really continue working on a job if you knew that in two weeks you would be fired?




0 comments: